View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
jazmateta

Hi Colorado,
Thanks for the reply.

However, we did find out that the outer silver portion of our wheels is pressed in from the back of the rim. Therefore the entire wheel has to come off. Then we can get to the regular rubber dust cap to remove and then squirt the grease in for the bearings. These are needing a bit of grease we see as they haven't moved in several years and the grease seems a bit low (as in not seeing much at all inside the silver cap on the axle.

I got to talk to a service tech at Gulfstream who asked me to send pics and he was able to give us more information.

Have gotten one wheel done, now on to the other 3. Had to get a better jack too.

Another trick that I had learned along time ago if you didn't have an infrared thermometer was to see if you could put your and on the rim/center of the wheel, if so, then it wasn't overheated. After traveling about 30 miles with the RV on the first leg of the trip, we did this and I was able to leave my hand on the rims/center hub for about a min or so before moving on to the next. Do need to see about another thermometer though as I don't know where the one that I got 10 or so years ago is.

Thanks,
Jazmateta
jazmateta is offline   Reply With Quote