View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
Wolfpack

Default What Year Is It?

Just stopped by our local Ford dealer to talk about fixing the cruise control in our GS Yellowstone 8358 that we bought used last summer. It's a Ford chassis with V-10 powerplant. I am now confused as to what year it is.

Using the VIN # the Ford service writer provides a printout that says: Vehicle Description: 2007 F-Series Motorhome; Build date: December 06, 2006; Warranty start date: December 27, 2006.

Info sticker inside the coach says: Date of Manufacture - Gulf Stream: February 19, 2007; Date of Manufacture - Ford: November 2006.

Purchase contract and Calif registration says it's a 2008 Gulf Steam.

What year is it?

It came up when trying to determine how much "factory" warranty is left from Ford. According to Ford, the clock started ticking on their 36 month 36,000 mile warranty in Dec 2006. We presume that is when GS took delivery of the chassis. Thus, it expires December 2009. GS had not even built the coach and the Ford warranty was already counting down. ?!?!

The Ford warranty was already 2 years old when we bought our 2008 model in 2008. How does that happen?

I have no idea what is remaining, if anything, on the GS warranty. What is the GS warranty term? We bought it used and all that is written on our paperwork is "Remaining factory warranty." Which factory? Ford? GS? They are different.

Our dealer is no help. They stopped doing GS warranty work. Said they were not getting paid by them. The dealer hasn't been much help anyway. Once the sale was made we were of little interest to them. Next!

Did we buy a 2008? Did we actually buy a 2007, but were incorrectly told it was a 2008? How would I determine that?

I would think that the Ford (and GS for that matter) factory warranty should start when delivered to the first retail purchaser.

Can you folks help? All comments appreciated. Thanks.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote