View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
Tundrasport

Well the problems have been continuing:

We were able to go for a night in February. My wife, my 92 year old mother-in law, one orange winged amazon parrot a beagle and me. The weather was very cold and nasty. We were getting ready to stay in for the evening and turned on the furnace.
NO HEAT
Checked the breakers, pulled and checked all the fuses, everything OK.
We were just about to pack it up and head home. I thought something was strange with the tstat. I thought the control switch had been on the top and now it was on the bottom. When they removed it to change out the microwave for the second time they installoed it upside down so it was wired backwards. I pulled it turned it over and reversed the wires and gave it a try. Heat came on and it put a stop to the crying (real tears from my wife)

Went to the dump station the next morning and noticed that the flange around the gray pipe to the compartment is loose and hanging.

Foam seal placed around main compartment in second attempt by dealer to stop leak is coming loose.

My wife and I tried to get away this past weekend for our 10th anniversary. We were planning on going to Koresham State Park on the west coast of Florida, maybe 150 miles from home. After about 25 miles we dropped into limp home mode AGAIN. Pulled over shut it down for a bit and started it up again. A couple of miles and check engine light came on and back into limp home mode. At least we weren't too far from home but it still took awhile to get there. Lots of tears this time

I called GS today to make sure they knew about theses "events". They said they would email and address for a dealer "that does good work".

SINCE PURCHASSED NEW IN AUGUST WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TAKE OUR UNIT OUT ONCE WITHOUT A MAJOR FAILURE

I feel that I have been very patient but I think it is time to get an attorney involved.