Thread: fuse locaton
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
quikduk

Frank, I sent you a PM but will try to answer some of your questions here.

The 8362SVB designates the biggest Sun Voyager model available at that time, that being the Platinum Edition. This coach comes with a 275HP; 12-valve; Turbocharged; Charge Air Cooled (CAC) Cummins C8.3 diesel engine rated at 800 Ft/lbs of torque and is mated to an Allison MD3060 6 speed automatic transmission. You have a Neway/Firestone air ride equipped (air springs/bags) Spartan Alpine-GT chassis with air drum brakes, an Eaton 23070S rear differential (I think) and Granning straight front axle.

The Cummins engine info (and the Spartan chassis info) is useful in that it will help you identify areas, serial number locations etc. in case you need service/parts etc.

The inverter is located on the passenger side (PS) in the first basement compartment behind the right rear wheels. There is a switch on it that can be turned on or off. I leave mine on all the time as some devices and 110V outlets in the coach run strictly off of the inverter versus those wired to shore power via the coach transfer switch. The only time I turn the inverter off is if I need to remove the coach or chassis batteries for service or replacement. With it off, the coach cannot change 12V to 110V.

Mine has a 1000W Heart Interface inverter with a battery control switch in the foot well just inside the bus door. If I am not hooked up, I can turn off both sets of batteries. If I am plugged in, I can only shut off the coach batteries. This seems a little backwards and I am investigating it to see if everything is wired correctly as the chassis batteries are not supposed to charge off of the shore power?I think?but only the coach batteries.

Anyway, the battery relays and the bulk of the power distribution and fuses are in the DS forward-most compartment located in front of the DS front wheel. The rest, including the 110V breakers, are located under the foot of the master bed.

If you can?t get some things to work, call me on the number I gave you in the PM.

Ken