View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:57 AM   #25
PChez

Default Re: Lets Talk Basement Heating (So wanter lines do not freez

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott
Hi All...

Ok, some if you know we are planning a trip that leaves the upstate NY area the last week in November. This equals...COLD. Until we can make it down to the warmer areas, which should be just a few days, we are concerned with our water lines freezing up.

Now I know that our 2008 Tour Master has like 2 heat vent tubes in the under area compartment...but really, is that enough? Should we look to add in a few ceramic heaters?

What concerns me is where the water manifold is vs where the basement is. It really can not be heated where it is as it is behind a wall that is behind another wall.

So...any thoughts for those of you how have "been their and done that" with their Tour Masters?

Thanks

I don't have the TourMaster, but I have 2002 Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser and it come with heated black and gray tanks. The whole bottom compartments are heated and I have camped on some real cold areas of New Mexico and I never have had a water line freeze yet inside the coach. Now the manifold you are talking about, I have never had a problem with that freezing either as long as you have the furnace on, you will be OK.
Not sure what you have on your TM though. You might have Aqua hot or the other can't remember what they call it.
Honda Pilot EXL 2005
PChez is offline   Reply With Quote