View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
nailerman

Good information never wastes time. As my Dad taught me, "The only stupid question is the one you do not ask."

I like the Ultra Trickle Charge as it is encapsulated. Could go right in the hatch with the batteries or in the engine room. No worries about weather or gasses getting to it.

My experience with House Batteries has been mostly on boats the last 24 years. On Deep Cycles I have found if they tell you three years, believe them. Go a few months over and they are useless. I am in the habit of changing my house batteries at each three year interval. AS the coach was built in early 2008, I thought I would get until now to replace the OEM House Batteries. Didn't make it. Replaced last year in February. The chassis batteries were originally installed by IH are in need of replacing. I believe that since I had one replaced under their warranty, an imbalance came about on the two batts and it finally lead to their demis. IH has a sale on right now with 1000CCA's at about $74.00, so I am getting a new pair next week.

It was just a surprise to me that Goofstream did not put in something so the chassis batts would charge when parked like my earlier Itasca Navion.

Best to all,
nailerman is offline   Reply With Quote