Thread: BT Cruiser Club
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 08:32 AM   #18
BOBaLONG

Default Gulfstream 2021 b/t Cruiser 5240 Alaska trip results

Hello fellow Cruiser enthusiasts! There doesn’t seem to be any so I thought I would drum up some enthusiasm with my Alaska experiences. My wife and I and our “beloved hunting dawg SeaSea left Florida for Alaska on March 3, 2023. We returned home on July 2, 2023. 17,000 miles over 4 months on rough roads and some really bad weather provided a lot of experience with this machine. There is probably no one interested in my experience anyway so I’ll summarize how I feel about my B/T Cruiser.

The Ford part is wonderful! Powerful, quiet, economical and reliable. Great brakes. The Ford chassis is strong and stable and I couldn’t ask for a better one. The Box roof, caps, walls, windows finish etc. are excellent also. At 33,000 miles currently on my machine, it looks and runs as new!

However, the interior elements really suffered on this trip. The trip was very hard on the interior roof panels and trim strips, water lines leaking, sink and counter tops, bathroom door ripping out of overhead hangers, closet doors sagging, and rattles from everywhere but especially the front cap attachments to the cab roof. I am currently replacing counter tops, bath sink, renailing and glueing inside cabinets and trim.

All is almost fixed and our “Magic Carpet” is ready to go again! It even rides quietly since I screwed it all back together again. If anyone can benefit from my experiences and/or I from yours, please holler at this post. I do still LOVE my B/T Cruiser!
BOBaLONG is offline   Reply With Quote