View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:54 AM   #9
mandmtravelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frutza View Post
Does in dash navigation offer options like Rv Or trucker systems like height and weight or length to give warnings or when routing? I upgrade my GPS more often than my radio
What I'm thinking of doing is adding a 10.3" Android-based head unit in the storage box to the left of the controls/existing radio. The unit will have navigation and can either receive it's own wireless signal or tether to my phone. This will allow me to update the maps regularly and create navigation routes on a laptop or home PC to share with the unit.

Quote:
Do you have an existing camera system? It may have additional inputs? I looked at the Voyager web site and EBay was comparable, but didn't add side cameras because I used one of the inputs for a trailer camera.
I have a backup camera, but not sure of the inputs. I like the idea of having a toad camera, so I might tie the side-view cameras into the new head unit discussed above.

Quote:
Lots of opinions on tires, I went with Toyo and there fine, had I have scaled before I bought tires I might have increased load capacity, other people have used Hancocks, I had them on a work truck and the were very hard compound and that thing was stiff enough! 1st thing to add is pen & paper to make lists as you think of them, make a couple short trips to get the hang of things, remember, a bad day of camping is better than a good day at work!
I had not thought of used tires...the ones I have are about 6 years old and look good, but I've been told repeatedly that the tires need to be replaced every 5 years regardless of appearance...

Though several members of our family own Airstreams, Class As, or 5th wheels, this is literally our first RV. Here's hoping it's as rewarding as it appears!
mandmtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote