View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
RJ82much

Duncan,

Interesting you should ask about those drawings. You are NOT going to get them. GS will forfeit the sale of a motor home rather than release AC wiring drawings, or piping schematics. There is a drawing of the DC wiring, specific to a particular model number, floating around, but you will have to be quite versed in AutoCad to even begin to view & print.

Our "GSadmin", myself, & several others on this forum were responsible for GS shutting down their own forum because we continued to push for drawings. The uprise so bothered GS management that rather than read negative feedback about their policy, they instead shut down the public feedback portion of their website.

There is more: This edict comes from the top itself (the Shea family). They believe (hold on - this would be laughable if not so pathetic) that their wiring is so magical & ahead of it's time, that the competition will do anything to get the drawings & copy them into their own product lines!!! In their mind, the wiring to the microwave, for example, is a trade secret. Can you beleive that?

But wait, there is even more: Their head electrical engineer, a really helpful guy, smart, conscientious, dedicated, long long term employee, responsible for all wiring of their RV lines & mobile home lines... is forbidden to release any drawings. He supposedly has them, just can't release them. He has stated to me that he has hearburn with the policy, but has no choice.

You can call & ask Terry for specific help & he will get back to you with the exact size, route, color, part number, etc, but he cannot give you a schematic.

And lastly, my dealer claims to have an equally difficult time getting documentation. Instead, they brag how they've figured everything out themselves & are the world's most renouned expert on Gulf Stream wiring. (Don't believe them for a second.)

My final recommendation would be to write (or personally visit at the factory) a Shea brother himself. Without phone numbers, here are the key players that I have been able identify:

Gulf Stream Management: P.O. Box 1005 Nappanee, Indiana 46550

1. Bob Berardinelli, Gulf Stream?s director of service
2. Brian Shea, president of Gulf Stream?s motorized division
3. Claude Donati, vice president of the motorized division
4. Dan Shea, President Gulf Stream Towables Division
5. Dan Hammons, Plant Manager Plant 51
6. John Stringer, National Sales Manager Plant 51 Towables
7. Jim Shea, president Fairmont Homes
8. Dan Miller, IS director for Gulf Stream Coach

Good Luck, report back if you get any action. Always remember, should you get anything, the company will consider any distribution as copyrite infringement & likely pursue legal recourse. They are that manic about the subject.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote