View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
hyall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound
The wife and I had the living area on our T40B completely remodeled. Move the tv to the middle, with the components on the left behind a mesh screen similars to Davids.
Removed both sofas, replaced with two recliners.
On passenger side, had a small table with file drawer and small cabinet installed.
On drivers side had a storage cabinet made for the extra chairs and a small rail placed under the window.
Removed all cloth valances in living area, replaced with wood.
Added door and shelves to pantry.
In the bedroom, removed the tv and had a shelf with doors made. Additional storage gained. We never used the TV so it came out.
Also in the front bathroom, had a small door made to cover the gaping hole.
Do like the idea of adding a piston support to the trash door. Would like to know the weight used also.
The above changes were made due in part to the poor design to watch TV in the living area. We felt it was impossible to get comfortable, short of lying flat on the sofas, to watch the TV.

On the gas support as you see I glued a poly cutting board to the inside with gorilla glue held in place with screws inside of the door (hatch) I tried screws and rivets only, but the vinyl wasn't strong enough need the backing. I used 20 lb strut believed 14 inches long with a ell bracket extra inside of frame
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote