Thread: Hyd. system
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
trickto322

Default Hyd. system

After reading "Coolchas11" post I went out to see if my hyd. system was leaking. No leaks found anywhere, good news right? About 3 days later we were at a park in St. Augustine, Florida and the slide room will not come in and the jacks will not come up. I ran out to see if the hydraulic line was leaking and again no leak. I figured since we have coachnet we would use it. They told us it would be at least a 4 hour wait and we would have to pay up front and then get our money from Gulfstream. I don't know if Charlie had to do that. When I heard all of this I went back down to where all of the hydraulic hoses are and took the cover off to see if I missed something. I found a fill cap that I removed to find the tank bone dry. If I do not have a leak it must have come from the dealer (or factory) that way. It took a quart of fluid and all was well. I think BOAT "N" RV in PA. should have checked all of the levels before delivery. I have our PCI on tape and they did not show us this at all. I had plenty of units with hydraulic slides and never had to worry about fluid level. This is our first motorhome and we are getting a real leaning experience.
trickto322 is offline   Reply With Quote