Thread: Trip update
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #8
RJ82much

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlamb

Also wired a hot to the Rubicon to charge the battery while being towed. Have not, knock knock, drained the battery while being towed.

Safe travels.
Rick
I flat-tow my prized ZR2 offroad Blazer. I let a local RV repair shop prep my Blazer for being towed. They installed the completely independant rear-lighting kit - meaning the tail lights are actually powered by my MH. There are no diodes & no connection to the auto electrical system. I asked that a spare contact on the 6-way connector be used to charge the Blazer battery (or vice versa should the MH batteries become discharged.

That worked well (sarcasm). Seems the load from the Apollo brake, or the auto security system, (or something) is able to discharge the car battery in as little as 24 hours. I discovered that no ground return path between the Blazer & the MH was provided (which made no sense to me... the lights should have a common ground, but don't.

My reason for retelling this post is to remind anyone looking for a charging circuit between MH & toad to check that indeed you have a complete circuit.

Until I get ambitious and wire a ground, I just use a jumper cable frame to frame for the desired results. I think my final solution will be similar. Perhaps a receptacle on each vehicle & a cable with mating plugs to go between.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote