View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #19
RJ82much

Curt,

I do the same with my transfer case (hold 2 buttons to get neutral). I don't know if it's the difference between your 2000 & my 2003 Blazer, but between the "remove-key" position and the "on-with-idiot-lights" key position, I have an "Idiot-light-off but steering-column-still-unlocked" key position. They claim there isn't any electrical load at this position, but the dead battery indicates something is going on. Also, the miles continuing to register proves it as well. The security system is still active (flashing "security" light & at least one of the computer modules (ECM for the brakes/ABS system).

We agree with the braking system - set it only to come on in a panic stop. I allow more stopping distance when dragging a couple thousand pound vehicle behind - I can definitely feel the difference & drive accordingly.

David, I don't believe you want to risk having your toad brake come on & possibly trying to do all the stopping for toad & MH. You'll be replacing Outlook brakes very often. Granted I'm not familiar with Brake Buddy brand, but it sounds like, unlike a modulated trailer brake, your Brake Buddy is either off or full on? 7 sounds like a good setting for my Blue Ox....

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote