View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
Chuck v

Default Re: dewald leveling system

Sandro,

Your control touch panel is their part number #140-1179. When I bought my coach used mine also did not work properly and I replaced this panel to get back to normal functionality. You can download a lot if information on your leveling system here:
http://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/towab...20footpads.pdf

There is a trouble shooting guide beginning on page 14 that may be useful in isolating any loose connection/low voltage issues you may be having. A new control panel has the electronics included in a board 'sandwich' and connects to the system harness with a single flat cable to communicate with the rest of the system. Your issues are indicative of a loss of this communication... This panel is expensive to replace -- about $535 or more...here is one source: http://rvcomponents.visonerv.com/cgi-bin/md/M1710/s1.pl

How did you discover the button combination that gets it to work for you in its present 'lights off' condition? Was it in as service bulletin somewhere? It sounds similar to the TipSheet 0204 procedure to enter and exit configuration mode...so you can try pressing the Left button three times within 10 seconds and then seeing if the control comes back to a "NORMAL" (not configuration mode) state. I have high-lighted that step below using bold font.

T.I.P. Troubleshooting Information on Power Gear
1217 E. 7th Street
Mishawaka, IN 46544
Phone: 18003344712
Fax: 5742566743
MANUAL LEVELING CONTROL
SETUP
PROCEDURE
Note: The following setup
procedure is for Power Gear control part number 500731
Note: The auxiliary connector is a four pin connector on the back of the control that
looks like this.
View of Auxiliary Connector
If the control is flashing the ON/OFF light indefinitely, the control is in configuration
mode. To exit configuration mode, simply do one of the following:
*If the auxiliary connector is being utilized press the right button three times
within 10 seconds
*If the auxiliary connector is not being utilized press the left button three times
within 10 seconds

If you want to get back into configuration mode, do the following:
*Turn the ignition ON and make sure the touch pad is OFF.
*Press the “FRONT JACKS” and “REAR JACKS” buttons simultaneously.
*The ON/OFF light will blink for 10 seconds indicating it is in configuration mode.
*If the auxiliary connector is being utilized press the right button three
times within 10 seconds
*If the auxiliary connector is not being utilized press the left button three
times within 10 seconds
*If nothing is pressed for 10 seconds, it will exit configuration mode and turn off.

Good luck and let us know what you find...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote