View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #10
RayChez1

Default Re: Improvement Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate P
I sent an earlier post asking for some ideas on how to improve the coach. In light of the fact that it is better to give than receive here are some of the ideas we have implemented:

1 - We had problems with the shades not moving up and down well. We removed the round head screws that protruded beyond the channels in the window frame and replaced them with flat head screws. Voila...works great
2 - Installed a Wilson Truck antenna on the roof, and added a Signal Amplifier and hooked it into a Cradlepoint wireless antenna (all from Power Signal) with a Verizon wireless aircard creating a wireless network in the coach so we can both use our laptops on the internet at the same time. The truck antenna on the rooftop was installed at an RV dealer's service center.
3 - Purchased a Motorola homesite security system which also works on the wireless internet. (Smart Home USA)
4- Installed a shampoo/soap/conditioner dispenser (Camping World) in the back bathroom. This was done by installing two metal strips on the metal around the non door section of the shower and attaching it with screws to the metal strips
5 - Purchased two metal hooks that adhere to the outside glass on the shower door. This holds towels very well. (Target)
6 - Purchased two clear over the door hooks for the mid cabin bath doors. (Target)
7- Put a corian top that matches the kitchen counter over the existing dining table. We made it two inches wider so we rarely if ever need to use the extension (Cost a little over $700 - Dupont dealer) - This really upgraded the look of the coach
8 - Replaced the snap door latch on the bedroom privacy door with a metal sliding latch attached to the top of the door. (Home Depot)
9 - Installed a 3M invisible shield on the front of the coach. If you do not do this you will definitely get chips in your paint. I wish they offered this as an upgrade when we purchased the coach as it is a "must have."
10 - Purchased sun shades for the front window and the driver and front door window. This greatly helps to reduce the solar heat coming into the coach and helps the A/C work better
11 - Purchased an Align-A-Site to find out if we can receive satellite signal on our KVH dome in any site before we hook up.

Hope these help!

I like everything you have done to your coach EXCEPT, I had the 3m invisible shield on my other coach and you will still get chips on the front end. So when I purchased the Gulfstream Scenic Cruiser I had the factory install an acrylic shield manufactured by Summit products and it really protects the front end plus you will get a lot of compliments on the acyrlic shield. They stay looking new all the time, they are not like the Lexon that was installed on the Country Coaches and in a couple of years they looked dull. These are expensive, but look really nice and they will protect your paint job.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote