View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #15
03heritagerider

Ray,

We'll be doing California next year. Ventura area

If you're torn between a full dresser and a stripped model, I'd look at a Street Glide. Low, clean and still has many of the dresser toys.

As far as the hydraulic lift, we had an Overbilt Lift http://www.overbiltlifts.com/ on our old 29' Hurricane (no slides) on a Ford chassis. Had to do some suspension mods on the Hurricane. The extra weight on the tail made the nose squirrelly.

When we got the 41' GS, I had the lift transferred to it and honestly, I didn't even know the thing was back there. We were pulling a Chrysler Sebring on a tow dolly and then went to a tow bar.

If you get a lift, and are using a tow bar, be sure to get a drop down hitch for the toad. The lift receiver is a bit high and the angle of the tow bar to the bumper can be too steep.

Now, with my bike and her trike and the car, we have to have a trailer. And frankly, I prefer the trailer. Everything arrives clean and dry and extra room for stuff!