View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 10:04 AM   #4
Drwybo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLondon View Post
We recently put down a deposit on a 2021 GS Vintage Cruiser 19ERD. We have never had a trailer before, so we are very new to this world. Part of the sales pitch we got included an option to undercoat the trailer with a "vulcanized rubber-based coating" that allegedly provides some protection against stones, etc. and acts as rodent deterrent by filling in common entry points. This treatment is not cheap - running about $800 (Canadian).

My inclination is to avoid this option - feels a lot like an undercoating pitch for a new car. But i thought I'd post here for some expert opinions. I know 'mice in the RV' is a topic that comes up a lot and I know its something I should keep in mind.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of trailer undercoating? Is this a legit thing? Am I better off just using the standard approaches to mice-proofing on my own?
We have a 2019 19erd. There are very few holes in the floor to the exterior, and they should already be filled with spray foam stuff. I don’t think the under coating is needed. We have 20,000 miles on ours so far and the undercarriage basically looks like new.
Drwybo is offline   Reply With Quote