View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:42 AM   #4
ezdriver

I do not have a city/freshwater selector because my water tank filler is a separate outside connection from the city water connection. The w/h bypass valve has two white water lines going into it and one red line coming out, you may or may not have a w/h bypass valve.
The T handles are the valves you need. The one nearest the tank drains the tank, and the others drain what water is left over in other parts of the system. I think the red line feeds the hot water system.
Pull up on the T handle. It is hard to move and does not move very much, you will feel the "click" when it does move. They drain directly through a hose through the floor onto the ground. Open the kitchen faucet to help it drain faster.
Those valves will not drain the water heater, yours may or may not be filled.
To drain the w/h, open the access panel on the outside, then remove the anode rod by using a socket wrench on what looks like a large bolt head near the bottom of the tank.
If you do this with the water system pressurized, the anode rod will come shooting out, so I release the pressure first by opening a faucet or draining the system. I use teflon tape on the threads when I reinstall the anode rod.
ezdriver is offline   Reply With Quote