View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
CAP

You didn't say what year you had and just where the floor is dragging on the slide. I had to look at the floor plan to see what you had.
There could be three places for the rails on that slide out.
Take a look under the flooring at each corner inside and see if it is moist or moldy. The gaskets at the top outside are sometimes put in funny and water can get in there and end up leaking under the flooring. Make sure they are filled/sealed.

My personal experience....my floor was dragging when I extended it out leaving small slivers of metal on the carpet, and dragged when I pulled the slide in. I have a BT 5291 and my slide problem was where the dinette is.

Then 1 year later I was in a huge rainstorm in SC and the water came up through the floor near the entrance. Took it out to RV-1 in Elkhart and the end result was the whole floor was rotted out and filled with white and black mold. The thing that saved me was the laminate flooring was glued down so I wasn't inhaling the stuff. The slide had to be pulled out and rebuilt. The bottom line was it cost me $5k for the extensive repair. One of these days I'll load the photo's in so you all can see them, they are not pretty.

If the person you took it to for the repair can get the cover off under the rig and see if the plywood is warped that would be a good start. Maybe the floor can be rebuilt without taking the slide out. Good Luck on this. One thing is for sure....you are not alone with a gasket leak in these RV's. Gulfstream's employees just do sub-quality work.