View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
AmeriLite21

I think I finally solved my problem . While attending an RV show in KC MO we talked to the dealer we bought the trailer from. His only response was, "We've never heard of that problem before, but I'm sure you'll find something to fix it. " We also found a competitor who will get to sell us our next trailer when we are ready to buy again . Most of the trailers at the show had the same problem. The edge of the inside burner is between 4 and 6 inches from the wall . Some have a "splash guard" of metal or ceramic on the wall . Several models have moved the cooktop to the open end of the counter top , thereby eliminating the the fire hazard of being so close to the combustible wall.
Since we can't move the cooktop without major reconstruction we opted for the "splash guard" remedy . I bought a $20, 16X21 flat, insulated baking sheet. I attached it to the wall with adhesive backed strip magnets. It protects the wall when we cook and after the cooking is done can be placed on the cooktop to increase counter space . Now if we can only have some decent weather and get to a campground to check it out.
'01 Dodge RAM 1500 4X4 O/R Quad Cab SLT
AmeriLite21 is offline   Reply With Quote