View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Texas TC

I guess I have learned to "drive around" this issue. It drove me crazy when I first got my SuperNova. I initially thought it was an Allison problem since it occurred when the transmission shifted to higher gears. However, I have found that driving in the economy mode and letting the shifts occur at a lower RPM tends to stop most, if not all, of the annoying sounds coming from the turbo. I drove about 650 miles today from Phoenix to Flagstaff and on to close to the New Mexico/Texas border and I heard the turbo maybe twice when using the passing gear on hills. That is one time that it is difficult to "soft shift". I try to catch the point where I crest a hill and let off the accelerator so the turbo softly disengages but I missed it a couple of times today. Mine has never been violent enough to shake the coach. It is just that annoying sound.

I agree that this should not be an issue and International should be able to provide a fix. I now have almost 40000 miles on my coach and no International dealer I have dealt with has come up with a solution so I just "drive around" it.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote