View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
Biobug

It would be interesting to have a chip or performance tune done to see if it helps. I have found that there are 3 plug and play upgrades that advertise a 2 mpg and 20-30 % power increase. I found online that Kemperformance owner actually owns a Gulfstream Conquest VT 365 so I contacted him through his website about the "fart" and he said he had tuned his up to give
over 2 mpg increase and more power while still being in factory parameters for pressure;etc The only problem for me to try his program is I would have to go to Georgia to have him do it. He did say that by design that the turbo fart will never completely go away.
I too have decided to "drive around" the problem by switching off the cruise when I think that it might happen. I sometimes think it will when it shifts down on a hill and then crests the hill allowing it to shift up yet still on a slight incline. That is when the "back and forth" indigestion seems to be at its worst. That is where I go off cruise and feather the throttle around what might happen.
I am going to order a programmer on monday that claims 2 mpg increase and a increase in power. It also has a 30 day guarantee. It features a switch on the fly adjustment. I don't care about more power
but if I can change the shift points a little I think it will help. It also is easy to unplug if it goes back to International. I would NOT do it if I was happy with the stock setup from International but I am Not happy with there transmission killing programming. They should be ashamed by the
problem we are plagued with.
I have "chipped" my other diesels with aftermarket tunes and have no issues but have increased milage with each. (a VW TDI , a Dodge Cummins and a Jeep Liberty CRD-our toad). I will lelt you know the results within a month. If it helps I will keep it . I am going with a Diablo
tuner specifically for the VT 365. I also have found several companies selling the same unit at several price points. There sold for $275 to $375
for the same unit. I will talk to them on Monday directly before I buy because I have found some bad feedback from one purchaser who said it did nothing. I will question them about it and let you know.

"There comes a time in a mans life that he must
take the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Biobug is offline   Reply With Quote