View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 11:06 AM   #18
SlimTim

I don't want to mislead anybody into thinking this is a simple plug and play project. If you plan on doing it yourself make sure you have the equipment and skillset to complete the project. For example an ISL mated to an Allison 3000 ways between 1.5 and 2 tons; you are not going to pick it up with a Harbor Fright cheery picker. Also if you plan on having a third party company make the new wire harness for you, it will be expensive. For example when I was talking to companies about making a new transmission harness the pricing started at around $1,500.00; I made the new harness myself. You will also spend a bunch of time online looking for miscellaneous parts/items. As I mentioned in an earlier post everything on these trucks and engines is via VIN or engine number. For example my ISL did not come with a power steering pump. I call Cummins with the engine number and all they will tell me is that my engine did not have a power steering pump and they don't know what will fit it. So your only recourse is to go to a truck wrecking yard or start looking online until you find a power steering pump you think will fit.

In summary, this has been a fun project and I would encourage anybody that is thinking about doing it to take the leap. Just be realistic in what you can and can not do.
SlimTim is offline   Reply With Quote