View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 01:18 PM   #13
Wild Irish

Not totally on topic, but I thought I'd pass this on while we're discussing gen's. I parked my old Gulfstream Classic and was unable to get back to it for over a year. When I did, It took a lot of cranking to finally get it to start, as the gas had gone bad. I could not get the generator to run properly. It would start and run great, as long as I held the start button down, but died as soon as I let go. I figured it had a circuit board problem (suggested by some forum members) so I removed that to send in for repairs. Later, I noticed a gas leak on the motorhome main engine carburetor, so overhauled that. When I tried to start the old 460 Ford, it ran out of gas. I finally realized that my generator problem was simply the safety feature that won't let you run gen if you have less than 1/4 tank of gas. Someone had syphoned the gas out of my tank and left me with an empty tank.When I first tried to start the generator, I had assumed the gas guage was broken, because I KNEW the tank was full when I parked it a year previous. I also discovered that my "locking" gas cap could be unscrewed without inserting a key
Wild Irish is offline   Reply With Quote