View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
Chuck v

On my 2007 Tour Master none of the lights were AC...all were run on the DC house battery system. Of course when connected shore power, the house system was continually charged and batteries maintained from the shore power connection. This was true if the generator was running instead of the shore power as well. Even the florescent fixtures were run off the house DC system, so they were easy to convert to LED which I did.

The Inverter that ran the AC appliances like the residential refrigerator is another matter...it ran off a separate stack of golf cart batteries connected to give a high current 12 volt bank (4 cart batteries in series/parallel...) When I first got my coach, it had the Xantrex Freedom inverter that was originally supplied by GulfStream, but I upgraded to the pure sine wave Magnum unit. Both of these inverters have control panels that give a lot of information on the battery condition and the state of operation, and you should be able to view the pane when your symptom is occurring to get more about what may be happening. Does the input voltage sag well below 11 volts when the flashing is happening? Is the inverter input current high or low? If it pulses to low or near off, perhaps the battery connections are not capable of providing the high currents needed by the inverter to make the AC power. Battery connections can appear clean but have a coating of lead oxide on them that is an insulator -- I scrape with a blade to expose clean metal since the battery terminal brushes often do not remove this oxide very well.

Since your symptom is only present when supplying AC from the inverter, the root cause must be in the batteries, their connections, the inverter itself or the wiring from the inverter's transfer switch to the AC loads.

Let us know what you find...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote