View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 08:56 AM   #3
UAHaerospace

right, as long as the driveshaft is unattached/removed/disabled, the tow truck can tow you from either end... but if not, he can only tow you from the rear, since it would need to be in the air, with only the steer tires on the ground, and steering locked.

It's doubtful you'll have any issue, but it's also certainly something many of us have considered as a 'possibility' when traveling, especially in the BC, Yukon, Alaska wilds... but I believe that the 'probability' is so low that it's not worth the 'concern', or loss of sleep at night - I'm sure most any tow company has seen their 'fair share' of large vehicle towing thru the area.

2017 was our 'Alaska' journey, thru the beautiful British Columbia, Yukon, and Alaska 'roads'... but that's also part of the lure - they aren't 'interstate highways' and therefore lend those great 'stories' to tell to your grandkids!

I only took a 'tire repair' tool kit, which was not used. And even though I stopped in Fort St John for a steer tire swap at a large truck tire shop, and eventually replaced those front tires at Schwab truck tire shop in Missoula, MT, I had no issues while on the journey - 13,000 miles total.
From GA, thru Minnesota - Manitoba thru the Canadian western provinces thru Alberta, the Yukon, and into Dawson City for 'Canada Day' July 1st, over the border thru 'Chicken, AK'(a site!), and onto Fairbanks for July 4th festivities : ) etc., etc., and eventually 'out' thru British Columbia via the ferry from Haines to Skagway and over the 'mountain pass border'(what a view!)... thru BC...
UAHaerospace is offline   Reply With Quote