View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #15
Chuck v

David,

Thank you very much for these links! The Trik-L-Start module is ideal for the TM 40-C as the battery compartment is on one side of the coach and the power reel compartment is on the other (both just behind the drive axle...) I was not very enthused about the more complex AC wiring in my case for powering a BatteryMinder than the simple solution that other members describe when these two compartments are adjacent as they apparently are on other GS floor plans. The little LSL manufactured module certainly addresses this concern by taking the charging current from the mechanically adjacent 'house' batteries to maintain the engine starting batteries.

Do you happen to know how close to the 'float' voltage this module is capable of taking the starting batteries relative to the house batteries? Can it do the desulfating function as claimed by the BatteryMinder?

The ToadCharge module is a useful item to know about as well --towing our Acura MDX will now only be limited by the need to periodically run the engine to circulate transmission/final drive lubricants in the vehicle...

Getting the MDX set up to tow is on the top of my "to do" list for preparing to use the coach this coming summer. Last year the wife drove our Subaru separately as it could not be flat towed.

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote