View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
RJ82much

My livingroom slide is very slow also. I've had the factory look at it. I believe they replaced some blocks with rollers. It didn't take long to slow down again.

The factory tech showed me a trick that I now always use. Go outside and lift & push the slide while someone else operates the switch. It will be just enough to get the slide moving. Once the floor "raises" from its flush position, it will move in very nicely. It will speed up if you continue to push. Kind of defeats the "auto" feature, but it works.

Another thing to do if you don't have another set of helping hands is to operate the switch till you see a slight motion (raising the floor from flush). Stop & reverse the switch with just a little "bump". Then bring it in again watching for a little motion. Stop & "bump" it out again though not all the way. Once you get the floor raised, reach over and (carefully) pull on the top molding while operating the switch. You will find that this should help. I'm thinking that at the intitial turn on, the hydraulic pressure may spike for a moment.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote