View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #3
Chuck v

Jshelly13,

I had the carpet replaced/upgraded in my 2007 Tourmaster last year and was not able to watch the entire process as the company that did it was about 100 miles from me. But I know that the carpet was fitted around the seat belt mounts to avoid having to take them loose. Those mounts are securely bolted to the floor/frame and look to be difficult to mess with.

I have since had occasion to take both the J bed couch and the co-pilot seat out of the coach for various reasons. The couch remains out and dismantled/stored and we have a table and recliner there now, and the co-pilot seat was unbolted to make room for a new washer to be brought in and the old one to go out...then it was repositioned and reattached. The bolts for the co-pilot seat go into threaded chassis fittings that stay in place when you take the seat up. There is of course wiring for the power features of the seat to disconnect if you are taking the seat completely out, I just moved it far enough back to make room for the washer to be maneuvered out the door.

The J bed/couch was attached to the floor with four carriage bolts in my case -- no nuts on the opposite side of the flooring. The back and seat cushion are each separable from the base, as are the end arm pieces. The front trim piece below the seat cushion just hooks over the metal frame with no additional fasteners and can be lifted off. It is very simple to get the individual pieces out of the coach...they are all light and each one fit through the door easily, even the metal frame.

I did not witness what the RV shop did to take the larger couch out (the one that is on the slide) but suspect it is a similar mounting...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote