View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
nandj1966

I remember our excitement when we first got our trailer! I can hear that in your posts.

Have you taken a trip yet? Tell us about it.

As for packing, my advice is to pack as LIGHTLY as you can. And pack as much as you can in the part of the TT that is closest to the trailer hitch. (Like extra coolers of ice, tents, bicycles, whatever you just "throw" in at the last. Be careful how you load it. Put it forward towards the hitch.

I don't want to scare you -- camping is SUCH FUN, but it is sooooo easy to get your TT overloaded, weight-wise. We did that with our first TT - we both packed everything we thought of that we "might" need. That was a MISTAKE.

We had an accident on the highway; went over a "dip" in the road, back end started swaying, and before we knew it, the TT was pulling us backwards down the Interstate and finally rolled over onto the median! A very busy interstate on the 4th of July weekend! Thanks to the Good Lord, He was with us or it would have been much worse.

YES, we had a sway bar, and YES we had an extra brake thingey in our car that was supposed to stop it; we had everything that should have made us safe, but NOTHING WORKED. THAT WAS A VERY SCARY EXPERIENCE, and I don't want it happening to you or anyone else.

Just BE SMART as you pack. Take only as much as you need for the trip that you're on. Pack as lightly as you can and HAVE FUN.
Thank you, Lord, for Blessing us with our GS!
nandj1966 is offline   Reply With Quote