View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #10
mdpuff

Default Re: Hello all, new Streamer here!

Lots of great help here, if I recall correctly the tires are Toyo's, brand new installed in Oct and manufactured Dec of 2012 so I shouldn't have to worry about tires for a bit. Myself I do like to run my tires a bit on the hard side for longevity and less rolling resistance, but not too much pressure to cause uneven wear and harsh ride, generally about 5 psi over manufactures recommended. We plan on having this unit for a very long time so we want it to be in the best condition possible, my motto has always been "An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure". "I'd Rather Have it And Not Need it Than Need it And Not Have It!" I have already had the dealer change oil & filters on the engine and they are going to service the gen before we pick it up. I will grease it all myself, change the fan belts, new air dryer filter and water filter. Go over it with a fine tooth comb and service or replace anything that might remotely give us trouble. I for one do not like being stuck on the side of the road. Only happened to us once in 2008, about 50 miles north of Phoenix Az blew a tire, I was planning to put new tires on it when we got to Phoenix but we didn't quite make it.............. Knock on wood we have never had a mechanical break down and don't plan on having any, ever!
mdpuff is offline   Reply With Quote