View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 06:55 AM   #4
earljan34

Hey Clyde, Now you can come up north in the cold weather the snow makes for great camping!!!! (ha ha ha) Great job I did that not for noise but to make sure they do not freeze as the basement heat leaves a lot to be desired, On the Pace Arrow we had all the tanks and water pump was in one compartment fresh water was divided with a wall that had arches in it if the temp. went down below freezing I had a small elec. heater in the compartment that keep the tanks at about 65 deg with out the heater using just the MH furnace at 20 deg the temp would stay about 38 deg. I have put elec outlets in the compartments but the heaters don't work well as the heat bounces off the walls and shuts off the heater I am still working on a solution for this. Thought of installing another small furnace just to heat the tanks but the 40,000 btu coach one uses enough gas on real cold days. We have had it out in temp of 29 deg with no problems but I think any lower than that is pushing it.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote