View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
RayChez1

Default Re: ROPE ACCENT LIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03heritagerider
We have amber accent rope lighting throughout the coach. The bulbs appear to be incandescent and half of them are burnt out. I want to replace these with LED rope lights.

Can anyone tell me if the factory installed rope lights are 12 Volt?
I replaced the square Krystal lights that are in the steps. I ordered them thru Gulf Stream from Vista manufacturing. Mine are on square tubing amber. On the purchase order they discribe them as SKL amber. Part number is 02X374. I needed 138" of the square tubing Krystal lights. They cost me $140.32, but then I am no electrician so I took the parts to Findlay RV in Las Vegas and they installed them. I believe they charged me like one hour labor. But they had to cut to certain length, then apply some kind of sealant on the ends of the square tube to seal them. They really look nice.
I also have those lights on the ceiling in the living room. There is about a ten foot mirror on the ceiling and it has those lights all around the mirror. I noticed that two light bulbs have gone out. It is not very noticeable , but I know that eventually that will also have to be changed out.

OH I almost forgot that they are twelve volt because they light up when you are not hooked up to shore power.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote