View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 10:10 PM   #31
Sudsy

Default Ice Maker

My 05 Sun Voyager had quite a bit of soft wood especially on the right side near where the rear slide meets the body. Initially thought that was the problem so I inspected the slide seals and cleaned and coated them with some "Slide Seal Restorer" even thought these seals looked fine. Sprayed with hose from all angles and could not find water.

Moved on and decided to check out the function of the side by side reefer and Ice Maker. Well the boxes chilled down just fine and the ice maker kept cycling but there was no water reaching the cube tray. Oh well left it over night and the next morning there was water dripping from the slide room. I discovered the water line for the ice maker had came off and every time the ice maker asked for water a measured amount was spewed out on the floor under the reefer and over the water heater and furnace. I have repaired all but one small area under the big slide but not exposed either in or out of the cabin. The flooring in mine is pressed wood. The areas I repaired are now 3/4 plywood. I plan to pull the bed and pedestal and replace the entire bedroom floor next winter.

Sudsy

Oh yea, that reefer weighs 260 lbs. took three of us. two to stabilize while I reconnected and clamped water line. I think either someone pulled on it or tried to blow too much air thru it .