View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
Grizzly

We looked at alot of coaches before we decided on this one, we contemplated buying a previously owned pusher, REALLY NICE, but still used. One of the deciding factors to buy NEW was the warranty coverages, anything used just did not offer the peace of mind the new ones do.

We decided on the Xtra Ride Platinum Extended Warranty based on what the sales person told us. This warranty will cover inside and out, top to bottom, if it can't be fixed properly, it will be replaced. (We had a similar issue with a recliner, we got the extended warranty and when we couldn't get parts for the chair because the manufacturer went under, and they could'nt match the set, the replaced everything, I would have rather had my other set, but at least I don't have a broken chair anymore. They provide the sevice that we paid for.)

We are all aware of what problems can occur when purchasing "NEW', especially vehicles, and the BIG problems usually happen after that first warranty expires, hence the EXTENDED WARRANTY. We are not, in no way shape or form RICH people and can't afford to just replace or fix what ever MAY happen, that's why we spent the extra thousands of $$$$ to cover such problems ahead of time.

THE PARTS: UPDATE: They are now going to cover the whopping 2" backsplash. I would love to keep the covers and extend-a-counter piece, I would love to keep my sink and counter just how it is!! Our service person told us this cannot be repaired, it has to be replaced. The color options we were given are white and a slightly off white, our current colors are a tan, we all know what mismatch looks like, TACKY!! I did not spend over a hundred thousand $$$$ to sit in something I am not happy with. I could have purchased one of those USED units with the torquoise upholstery or something if that were the case. XTRA RIDE had already inspected and given FULL AUTHORIZATION for work to be done, this verbage and autho # is on my statement from the dealer when we picked out the new counter color. It was almost 3 weeks later, after waiting for a phone call, WE called back to find out when we were scheduled to have the install that we were informed that they now will not cover these items.

As for GS stepping up to the plate. We were TOLD by our service person specifically that GS IS aware of the problem, the manufacturer has gone out of business and that they have had to replace them in other units. THEY ARE AND WERE AWARE OF THIS PROBLEM AND HAVE REPLACED OR FIXED SOME ALREADY, that's why I think GS should step up. I'm not saying they should recall every unit, but knowing there is a problem, and knowing the company THEY used went under, why would they want to pass this problem on to their consumers. Everybody SAYS they are here to make the customer happy, without the customers business, there is no business, then they get your money and you are not so important anymore.

It's kinda like people say, your important to companies while they are trying to get your hard earned $$$$, but once they have it, it's like pulling teeth to get them to hold there end of the bargain. I think XTRA RIDE is doing the same thing as the DR's and hospitals do, they contract with the insurance companies at a certain $$$ amount for services and then try to bill the patient for the rest, even though they have been paid what they agreed on. They don't like that bottom number they agreed to be paid so they charge someone else and some people don't question and just pay it.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote