View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #12
rdlamb

EOR:
You should plan on tightening all water connections, and sewer connections, about once a year. Just to make sure they do not jiggle loose when you travel.

Also, be careful about so called "safe" RV parks when hooking up to their water. I use a "whole house" filter from Home Depot, in a stand made for the more expensive filter sold by Campingworld (I bought the stand at CampingWorld as well). The Home Depot filters are $10 for 3; filter out finer particles than the RV filters, and include a carbon layer to filter out chlorine.

Yes, the TM comes with a house filter, and I added another one under the sink on the drinking water line. Triple filtered drinking water, but well worth it.

We have stayed in places where the water is so full of sand and silt that you have to change the filter every other day. So much cheaper to change the Home Depot setup than the expensive RV filters.

Oh, got to rambling. Put a pressure regulator after the outside filter, or at least on your water line. You will thank me someday.

Gnarly toad to scoot around.
Geocaching, hiking, fishing, National Parks, Civil War sites.
rdlamb is offline   Reply With Quote