View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Journey

Okay ... the instructions sent by RJ82much were extremely helpfull and I thank you, again. Since the coach is under warranty and I had to take it in for other minor warranty items anyhow, I decided to let the dealer handle this light bulb failure problem. They did take care of it, buy saying that light bulbs are warrantied for 90 days from date of purchase. Okay, I can understand that and since I have owned the coach for 5 months they replaced what they called a simple LCD light bulb, not an assembly light component. They charged me $15 dollars, .99 cents for the LCD bulb and the rest for labor. I can live with that. When I picked up the coach, I foolishly did not check that the light in fact worked. That night I turned on the exterior lights and of course the handle did not work. Well, I remedied the problem by calling the dealer Monday, and they said they would add a comment to the workorder and to bring it back in. Just what I wanted to hear ... NOT !

Last Thursday, I received a call from a local dealer on a coach that we really wanted to begin with, but couldn't make a deal on to own at the time. Short version is that we have committed to trade the 2007 Gulfstream in for a Tiffin, Phaeton 40QSH LOADED. Sat Dish, Washer/Dryer, Diesel Pusher, Air Suspension, the real thing as compared to our FRED. We take delivery Labor Day weekend and can't wait. Actually, the deal was so good, we put a deposit on it last Thursday and we're going to see it for the first time tomorrow. If the pictures are half as good as the real thing, we are owners.

We also subscribe to the Fleetwood and Monaco Forum and hope that our membership here will continue after the transfer of title to SOB (Some Other Brand). Funny how things happen ... changing with a phone call or email ... or service experience.

Thanks for all your help, input and suggestions.

Ron
Journey is offline   Reply With Quote