Thread: newbie to RVing
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
woodworker414

Marschall, we have a 2003 GS Cavalier, 29.5 w/E450 Ford V10, just love it. It handles well on the rode, easy to put in cg site, all hook up easy to get to. We took it to our sons house in early Dec, arrived on Fri night, it was 6, with a wind chill of -20,10 inches of snow on the ground, my 2 daughters and one son-in-law stayed in the C, while Gma & Gpa stayed in the house. The C stayed very warm, the kids were cozy. It was nice to have a rv that had all of the holding tanks and all the plumbing heated. We used about 1/4 tank of propane for the weekend, have a 60# tank. We get around 10mpg, if we keep our foot out of it, has all the power that I need. The C is very comfortable, has lots of storage, probably more that we will ever need. The GVW is 14050#, when we went to pick up one of our daughters and the son=in-law at the quarry where they work. put the C on the scale, with all the stuff that was put on board, I mean a lot of stuff, a lot. It weighed13780, with full tank of gas, full water tank, full propane tank, full fridge, and all of that stuff. Rides great, really like it. The DW enjoys driving this unit. We bought this C last summer, got for a unbelieveable price. This young couple had bought it, and were planning on traveling the US as they work, with 2 kids, found out that they didn't like the smallness of it, so they bought a pick up truck and a big 5er, and had to get rid of the C. I just happern to be at the right place at the right time. Really satisfied. If you have questions, I will try to answer them for you.
Bill