View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Chuck v

OK -- might have some help here...these pictures are of a 2007 Independence 8330 but might be similar to your coach, I even see some commonality with some of the dash on my diesel pusher Tour Master of the same year model.

The Power Gear Leveling panel is exactly the same as the one on my coach, and the generator controls are similar but not matching. I suspect that is because your generator has a gas engine while mine is diesel powered.

The gen prime switch acts much like a choke on a small engine presumably... and gen start/stop is self explanatory.

The I.C.C switch is for flashing the headlamps lights, I believe. If the lights are off, this momentary switch turns them on, and if they are already on, this same switch momentarily turns them off. The ICC function is intended for acknowledging the vehicle passing you has enough clearance to return into your lane.

In the second row of switches, the radio toggle changes the power to teh dash radio from the vehicle system (ignition must be on...) to the house battery for use while set up in camp. On my coach it also played the radio through the 'house audio' speakers. The fan switch is not one I had on my coach in that position, so no help from me on that one, but try it and see what happens. The emerg start switch is another momentary button that connects the house battery and the chassis battery to assist in starting if the chassis battery is lacking sufficient charge after a lengthy stay. Note that the chassis battery is usually only charged from the engine alternator, and is not charged from shore power -- hence the common presence of the emerg start switch or similar provision.

Your coach my have other switches installed where the six blanks are in these pictures, if so please post a picture with the control names showing so we can opine on their function.

Chuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dash 2007 GS 8330.jpg (363.3 KB, 10 views)

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote