View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #5
ummalterman

Default UK members/Biodiesel/WVO in Cummins

Hi! Glenn, thanks for the response. I'm really surprised there's nobody else from the UK on board. As you may know, there's quite a surprising amount of USRV's here but it is weird in that, no, you don't see many up & down and when we do, it's because we're looking out for 'em. Yet, when you attend the six or seven "Motorhome" shows/rallies there are per year, there seem to be thousands!! Where do they all go to? Within 30 minutes, or five miles of any show ending, there's none to be seen. X-files!

I've just found a biodiesel outlet yesterday that's selling it, to the proper spec. EN 414 or whatever it is, for 60p. per litre...that's a saving of ?2.04 ($3.26) per gallon!! (It's about $7.70 per gallon normally) I'll be filling my tiny Citroen van with 100% and weaning the Cummins onto it soon, 20% bio to start then after a couple of fuel filter changes, up to 100%...Then, set up a two-tank (heated) system to start using WVO from local chippies/restaurants, this will cost me virtually nothing, just a mess with the collecting/filtering palaver! [BTW- WVO= Waste Veg Oil].

I'm pretty sure this Bio man won't last, not selling it that cheap, my existing Bio source round the corner is charging 95p per litre now, so I know where I'll be going!. I guess it's always sunny where you live now, Glenn? No wonder we British are such miseries, it's ALWAYS raining, cold & grey here. Sorry for rambling on, folks, but it is the "Chit-Chat" zone.

If anyone reading this knows of anyone registered from the UK, or has info about Biodiesel/WVO in Cummins engines, please get in touch.

Many thanks to the moderators/guy who started this forum originally, it's re-assuring to have some contact with experts/users in the US. Cheers.
Tom.