View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
DHart

Default Re: 2004 40' Gulf Stream Atrium - anyone have any info on th

After looking at a bazillion other Class A's, I haven't found one, even up to new rigs at $400k that offer the spacious views and brilliant bright light that this Atrium offers. SO we decided to snap this one up at $93k ($10k below low blue book!) It's actually a 2004, had 34k miles, one owner (who was a race car engine builder).

Here in the Pacific Northwest, we get plenty of grey days and all this glass is magnificent for light and views. We feel we ran into this particular "Atrium" model by divine providence... it is what made us decide to get a Class A. With the three sliders out, this rig has the space of a small apartment! Amazing.

We've been through some really heavy rains in the last few weeks with the Atrium and the only window leak has been a small one from the windshield where the caulk at the top had weathered and opened. Got that squared away and a couple of cracks in the caulking at the top roof trim piece... she's all buttoned up now. I do understand that there will always be some "items" on the maintenance/repair/replace list.... so it is with houses, especially those on wheels. Small price to pay for what these rigs offer.

I think Gulf Stream created a brilliant design with the Atrium. While it may have some slight sacrifices in heating and cooling in extreme temperature climates from all the glass, what it offers in huge spaciousness, brilliant light, and expansive views more than makes up for it in our opinion. We spend little to no time in extremely cold or hot environments, so I'm not too concerned about that aspect. We do spend a lot of time in scenic places and moderate temperatures.

We will be sure to keep up the sealing maintenance... we want this coach to last a loooong time!

Even the views from the bedroom are great and bright.

We're looking forward to hanging out a lot more in this rig.

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote