View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
DHart

Default Re: 2004 40' Gulf Stream Atrium - anyone have any info on th

Well... as it turns out, we bought the Atrium in April 2011 and in December, we traded it for a new 2011 HR Endeavor 43DFT.

The Atrium was a wonderful coach and I sure loved the all glass atrium room! Of course with all things, there is a price. The atrium room brought an incredible amount of heat into the coach on warm sunny days and cold on cold nights. The R-factor in the coach wasn't so good for a nearly full-timing coach in varying climates.

The Atrium was our first motorhome and I'll always remember it with, mostly, good memories.

Since doing the trade, we've been living in and traveling in the Endeavor... about 4 months now. Now with less window exposure, better insulation, and three AC units, we're comfortable on really hot days, until we can move along to less extreme climates. I miss the great views out the atrium windows, but in exchange I get a lot more cabinet space, a full length shelf in the patio slide, and better insulation. Of course the new coach brings quite a few other nice upgrades as well - though at a higher price. Always a trade off of something, isn't it!

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote