View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Clyde,

The GulfStreamers International IS a rally club. It was started for the owners of GS products as another avenue to use their RV's and enjoy the company of other GS owners. There are local chapters in most states. Yes, it is company owned and ran, very well I might add in the last 4 years that we have been members. It's active members have a very good relationship with the company.

Now the issue of the Gulf Streamers forum, the forum was for the club member use and for issues related to our club activities. BUT some tried to get service related issues solved on the club forum. Some of posts got a little heated between the service personnel at Gulf Stream which would monitor the forum and help if they could.

When it got out of hand according to GS management, the decision was made to lock it down and make it for members ONLY by permission for use. This caused some to complain, so the they shut it down completely. Which was too bad, because now the Streamer members had no place to post items for the club. Although some of the local chapters now have their own forum/websites for their club activities.

I hope that I straightened out the misconception of what the GulfStreamers member forum was, I am sorry that it is gone, but I am glad that this forum was started and thank the administator for starting/supporting it, although in reality it is a different forum than what the Streamers forum was intended to be.

Oh, BTW the Gulf Streamers International RV Club has over 10,000 members so it is not a small club by any means. Not all members are as active as others, some are only active in their local chapters.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote