View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
Chuck v

John,

The 6 Volt cart batteries are wired in SERIES to make a 12 volt stack. When two 12 volt automotive/deep cycle batteries are used in an RV, it is those that are wired in parallel to keep the voltage supplied to the vehicle at 12 volts.

In any event, a 12 volt RV system can be charged by a solar accessory, independent of the battery source being a 12 volt stack of two 6 volt cart batteries in series or a parallel pair of 12 volt batteries. In my 2007 Tour Master diesel pusher coach there were three sets of batteries -- a parallel pair of diesel start, a parallel pair of 'house' deep cycle batteries. and four each 6 volt cart batteries in series/parallel to make a very amperage source for the Inverter that ran the AC appliances like the residential refrigerator. In all cases these banks were set up for a terminal voltage of 12 volts to their respective loads...so theoretically each could have had its own solar charger added. I was full timing and mostly in RV parks, so I never added solar to any of my three separate systems (each was set up to charge off of float from the shore power...built into the inverter, built in to the 12 volt converter for the house system, and added by me to the diesel start batteries since I went 3 months or more between starting the engine.)

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote