View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 02:18 PM   #9
NavyLCDR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpa View Post
hey guy so i am new at this but i just bought a 04 golfstream cresendo and i am still confused i thought my water heater turned on at the panel where i check my tank levels so i guess my question is is that switch for propane and the switch is to use it with 110v
That would most likely be correct. The switch on the tank level panel is most likely propane. The second switch is the 110v electric heating element. However, be advised that the previous posts from 5 years ago had errors in them. The inside switch for the electric heating element is actually a 12-volt DC switch and indicator light which controls a relay that supplies 110v AC to the electric element. So when they talked about turning off the circuit breaker for the 110v AC heating element and looking at the switch to see if the light went out - that would be incorrect. The light will still work with the switch because the switch and light are working from 12v DC. The light on the switch only tells you the switch is in the ON position - it provides no indication as to whether there is actually 110v AC going to the heating element or not.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote