View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 11:05 AM   #7
bowtiebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1931 View Post
Bill, we have a 2004 Endura 6346 by Gulf Stream. I too had issues with the house battery (yes that’s one) on the left side of the coach. I checked on the right between the basement storage doors. There was one panel that was hinged and held down by two “L” brackets. Sliding under the coach I could see there was plenty of room for a slide type battery box. By the way the panel was/is hinged. I made my own manual slide box that was/is long enough to hold 4 deep cycle golf cart batteries. I wired them in series to get a 12 volt supply. Yes it’s a lot of work to do, that said it’s well worth the trouble. I also added a 2000 watt inverter. So we can run of grid without running the generator. The batteries will last for aproximatly 72 hours. As long as you switch your appliances to gas and don’t use your air conditioner (s). My skill level is about a 6 out of 10, yes I had help with the wielding. I also bought a matching compartment door handle, so it looks like it’s a factory installed door.
Mike R
Tulalip Washington
Thanks for the info Mike. I would love to see pictures of this. I will shoot you a private message. Not sure the Endura and Conquest are set up the same in regards to the compartments, but might be similar enough, or give me some ideas. Thanks again.
Bill
bowtiebill is offline   Reply With Quote