View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
mfa

Default Re: Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman1725
Just a quick note; If your slides start acting flakey it might be the electrical ground; the system is grounded through the mounting bolts for the hydraulic pump; ours came loose a year ago on our 06 Endura and no-one could figure it out till our mechanic bumped into the pump and hey this thing is loose; tightened up the bolts and the slides have worked great ever since!
When we are not actively using it, I try to take our MH out of storage every 2-3 weeks and "exercise" it for a bit. Open the slide, run the genset, run the AC, drive ten miles or so, etc. A couple of months ago I did that and the slide would not open. Wouldn't even try to. I didn't have time to work on it that day, so I took it back to storage. The next week I picked it up to work on it and the slide worked perfectly. It's worked every time since then, too. All I can guess is that it was some kind of grounding problem, perhaps as you have noted. I did look at it at the time and noted that some of the wiring was very tight. I did my best to put some slack into it...
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote