View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 11:27 AM   #3
RJ82much

Thank you Rover for recognizing my sense of accomplishment.

I included part numbers because our online ZR2 Blazer car club always identifies good (or bad) products. It is so handy for knowing what has worked for others. For example, I recently changed pads on my Blazer & merely ordered the part number recommended by others from their recommended source (RockAuto.com). It worked out perfectly (ceramic Raybestos).

While I was under my coach, I took a gander at my front brakes. That is another job that looks doable (just bigger parts). I see the major stumble to be the torque on the lugs. Anyone loosen & tighten the lugs on their Class A 37'er with regular tire wrench?

Another bit of suggested maintenance was to finally confirm my tire pressure. Low pressure could certainly degrade my gas mileage. I purchased a pressure guage from WalMart - not much money, capable of readings to (I think) about 150psig. Every tire was between 105 & 108 lbs. The sidewall maximum pressure rating on the Michelins is 110. The Workhorse manual called for a lower setting. I always set my Blazer tires to just below the maximum, so I am comfortable with the RV pressure.

I guess a 6 mpg average is just the best I can repeatidly expect. What do the rest of you run your's at?

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote