View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
J79Engine

Default Re: Installing new TV

I replaced my over the dash annolog tv with a 32 inch flat screen a few months ago. The annolog was held in with a strap to hold it down against a 1x1 piece of wood bracketed in front of the tv. Flat screen was mounted on to the face of a 2 inch thick piece of ply wood mounted inside the space where the annolog came out of, with a metal T bracket to the back center of the TV and I have had it out several times with no shake going on. The areial is joined in my case above the left radio speaker mounted in the celing near the drivers seat. I replaced the raise up TV antena to a digital bomerang or bat type digital antena which works well and don't need to worry about putting it back down. It has ied lights inside that light up to show the strength of the signal as you turn it left or right. I also have a satilite dish on the roof for DIRECT TV which we mostly use since we put that system in the house with a extra box for the motorhome, we bring it into the house when not used for long periods. Still have annolog in the bed room but I have installed a digital converter box for that tv and it works fine for the little use it gets. Just wish I had more time to take it out coast to coast but still working all around the World supporting F4 Phantom aircraft so it stays parked more than it goes out. Had a mouse in it last year so need to mouse proof it before the Winter. Little buggers will get in the smallest holes. It has been suggested the most likely place is in the engine area where he entered so I will be spraying sealent in many holes soon.
J79Engine is offline   Reply With Quote