View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:19 PM   #10
MLynch

I had a similar issue. The pad at the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and our jacks would not work in auto mode. An authorized service center checked things out and replaced a motor on one of the Power Gear jacks. After making the "repair," the pad still remained lit. The tech didn't know what to do and gave up on the repair, telling me that I needed a new pad.

During our recent RV trip, we made a pit stop at the Gulfstream factory and had them call a rep from Power Gear to our rig to address the problem. It took the technician a while to figure things out, but he did. The sensors on the Power Gear jacks have magnets adjacent to them. When things are installed correctly, the magnet repels (like when you hold two magnets together). In my case, one of the magnets adjacent to a sensor was installed backwards and actually magnetically attracted to the sensor.

The technicial told me that he had only seen this happen a couple of times before.

Maybe this might be the issue for those who still have problems after replacing the pad?

Good luck,
Mike
MLynch is offline   Reply With Quote